- About DUT
- Technology and Innovation
- Business Studies Unit
- Co-operative Education
- Enterprise Development Unit
- Information Technology & Support Services
- International Education and Partnerships
- Research & Postgraduate Support
- Research Institutes
- Space Science Research Group
- Technology Transfer and Innovation
- Support Services
- Division of Corporate Affairs
- Midlands Campus
- Physical Planning
- Student Services and Development
- Students Services & Development Midlands
- Tabeisa Enterprise Centre
- Telephone Directory
- News and Publications
- Contact Us
With approximately 23 000 students, the Durban University of Technology (DUT) is the first choice for higher education in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). It is located in the beautiful cities of Durban and Pietermaritzburg (PMB). As a University of Technology, it prioritises the quality of teaching and learning by ensuring its academic staff possess the highest possible qualification that they can get.
The Durban University of Technology is a result of the merger in April 2002 of two prestigious technikons, ML Sultan and Technikon Natal. It was named the Durban Institute of Technology and later became the Durban University of Technology in line with the rest of the universities of technology.
DUT, a member of the International Association of Universities, is a multi-campus university of technology at the cutting edge of higher education, technological training and research. The university aspires to be a “preferred university for developing leadership in technology and productive citizenship”, and to “making knowledge useful”.
As a butterfly develops from a pupa, so have the students at our institution. From the moment they register as green freshers, to their capping at the hallowed graduation ceremony, our students undergo an intellectual evolution.