Departments Engineering & the Built Environment
As a progressive department, our mission is to contribute innovatively to the socio-economic development of South Africa by offering a portfolio of relevant programmes:
- Producing well-rounded graduates who are attuned to the needs of the profession
- Generating, integrating and applying knowledge to stimulate socio-economic development
- Partnering stake holders in sustainable development
- Acting as an incubator for advanced study in clearly defined areas of strength
- Being student centered and quality driven
- Providing an enabling environment for continued staff development.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
To be a quality driven department of Civil Engineering that provides a well-rounded, professional education that ensures that graduates are innovative and have a competitive edge.
Diploma in Engineering Technology in Civil Engineering Entry Requirements (PMB)
Bachelor of Technology (BTech): Engineering: Civil Entry Requirements
Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering (MEng) Entry Requirements (DBN and PMB)
Doctor of Engineering in Civil (DEng) Entry Requirements (DBN and PMB)
NOTE: Phase out of information for the BTech in Civil Engineering
As gazetted in the Government Gazette, Vol. 613, No. 40123, 06 July 2016, the last date for first time entering students enrolling in academic programmes that are not aligned with the Higher Education Qualifications Sub-Framework is the 31st December 2019. This means that you will not be able to enroll for a Bachelor (BTech) Degree at DUT, or at any other institution in South Africa after this date.
Applications to this programme must be made via the Central Applications Office (CAO)
Tel: 031 268 4444