Minimum Admission Requirements
In addition to Rule G23A, G3, G4, and G7, applicants must be in possession of:
- A diploma or degree in General Nursing and Midwifery or
- Have been granted conferment of status (Rule G10A refers) or
- Have been granted advanced standing via RPL (Rule G10B).
- Be registered with the South African Nursing Council as a General Nurse and Midwife.
- Have 2 years or more post registration experience as general nurse and midwife.
- Have proof of professional indemnity.
- Preference will be given to applicants working in managerial positions
In addition to the above:
DUT’s general rules will apply with regards to admission requirements based on work experience, age and maturity, and admission via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
The admission of international students will be according to DUT and South African Nursing Council Admissions Policy for International Students and General Rules G4 and G7 (5).