- To transform DUT community into an HIV/AIDS competent community through effective knowledge and skills.
- To create a supportive and caring environment for people infected and or affected by HIV.
- To develop an HIV/AIDS policy which addresses the human rights and dignity of people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
- To review and lead policy implementation and development.
- To organise public events on campus to raise awareness on issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
- To provide expert knowledge, information and advise on HIV/AIDS issues to DUT community through consultation.
- To communicate key issues to DUT community utilizing existing social marketing peer educators.