Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
Programme: M.Eng. and D.Eng. Electrical Power Engineering
Faculty: Engineering and the Built Environment
Duration: 2 years for Masters & 3 years for Doctorate.
Department: Electrical Power Engineering
Study Mode: Research based (Full time and Part time).
Part-time study may be extended by 1 year.
This programme is a research-based degree, which enables the candidate to develop an advanced capability to conduct fundamental engineering research independently; as well as an advanced ability to apply fundamental scientific principles and engineering concepts to design, synthesize and solve specific problems of society at large.
- An approved four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar approved honours level degree.
- A research topic must be submitted prior to admission.
- To ensure the Department has the facilities and the expert supervision, you are strongly advised to preview the current research activities in the Department before making a formal application.
- Final admission will only be granted after six months of the enrolment, during which the candidate is required to develop a full proposal, which is evaluated by the Research Committee and a successful seminar presentation to faculty, students and industry.
Conferment of the Degree
M.Eng. and D.Eng.: Electrical Power Engineering degree is awarded based on the successful completion of a final research seminar and dissertation.
University Application Process
In order to avoid a delay of your application process, the following documents must be submitted:
- Full academic record/transcript including all the years of study must be submitted to the Postgraduate Coordinator: Dr Evans Ojo, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certified copies of your degree certificates.
- Certified copies of your identity documents/passport
- A curriculum vitae
Once your application is complete with supporting documents, your application will be referred to the designated committee for assessment.
Please note that these requirements do not guarantee you an admission as it is subject to the availability for office working space, laboratory equipment, proof of funding, and a satisfactory academic assessment.
International students’ applications are welcome.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. E E Ojo,
Email address: email@example.com
Telephonic number: +27 31 373 2952
For more information, Visit: Postgraduate Forms | Durban University of Technology (dut.ac.za)