Departments Applied Sciences
Numerous industries in the Durban area, have in their employ, manufacturing floor staff and general assistants with years of related experience but no formal qualification or theoretical knowledge to support this experience. This short course aims to fill that gap and influence competence with better understanding.
Who Should Attend
Employees in the food manufacturing, handling and cosmetics manufacture industry will benefit most from this course. The purpose of this short course is to provide candidates from the food and cosmetic industry with the necessary knowledge base and skills for good practice relevant to hygiene and safety.
Contents of The Course
Upon completion, attendees will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge base to be more skilled and competent within the food and cosmetic work environment.
- Reflect on hygiene and safety protocols.
- Obtain an insight and understanding of the principles relevant to good practice in the food and cosmetic manufacturing and production work environment.
- In addition, they will have knowledge on:
- Introduction to OSHA (theory)
- Safety Rules and Regulations (theory and demonstration)
- Manufacturing Risks and Hazards (theory + practical)
- General Hygiene and Dress Code Compliance (theory and practical)
- General waste control and disposal (theory)
- Procedures and Record-keeping
- Handling Emergency situations (theory and demonstration)
Assessments: Written assignments and assessments will be given during the course
Duration and Dates: 2 days including practical sessions – 19-20 June and 13-14 November 2019
Cost: R 3850
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0313735321