International Education And Partnerships
Applying for accommodation at a DUT student residence
DUT recognises the importance of providing residence accommodation to its students, especially first-year students. Space in residences is limited, however, so it is important to apply in good time. Admission to residence is based on:
- Being offered a place in a course of study.
- The passing of 50% of the previous year’s subjects (for returning students).
- Payment of tuition registration and residence registration fees prior to registration. Proof of payment (via an approved sponsor, a bank loan approval authority, or any other payment arrangement approved through the Student Housing office) is acceptable in lieu of full payment.
- A good disciplinary record.
- Applications from outside the Durban metropolitan area are given first preference.
All applications must be made by completing the relevant application form, which is available to first-time applicants on request from the Central Applications Office (CAO), or the Student Admissions Office. You can request the form by phone or by e-mail. Completed forms must be returned to the Student Admissions office with your application. All DUT residences are self-catering.
Senior Finance Officer: Indira Khiramen
Tel +27 31 373 2494
Administrative Officer: Nomaledi Ndlungwana
Tel:+27 31 373 2492
Administrative Officer: Precious Zwane
Tel: +27 31 373 2217
For further information see:
International exchange students are not eligible for acceptance into DUT residences. There are many places where you can seek accommodation if you are an international exchange student; further information can be accessed through the following hyperlink: