- Amended Academic Calendar 2021
- How do I apply?
- Closing Dates for 2022 programmes
- Application and Registration Information 2021
- Study Opportunities 2021
- Career Leaflets
- Online Acceptance For First Time Prospective Students
- Virtual Autumn Graduation 2021
- House Committee Elections
- Court Order – Forums Threat
- ENVISION 2030
- Late Enquiries for a Programme Form
- Why Choose DUT
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- NSFAS New Students
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- DUTCONNECT Magazine
- Lecture Timetables
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
Our Facebook Page
FACILITIES AT DUT
A Solys2 Sun Tracker and Weather Station at DUT
The sun tracker Solys2 together with a complete weather station is used for climate research and weather studies. Using a Campbell data logger and together using meteorgical senses.
The weather station records accurate data site specifics conditions for meteological research and routine weather research applications. This system is capable of recording temp, relative humidity, direct normal irradiance (DNI), diffuse horizontal irradiance (DHI) and global horizontal irradiance (GHI) and wind direction.
A 7.36kW roof top system is also installed at DUT and has been functional since August 2014.
Solar Radiation Monitoring and Research Laboratory (SRMRL)
This control room is used for housing computers, local area network (LAN) and internet connectivity, the provision of comprehensive meteorological monitoring equipment on site. This facility is used to monitor installed solar PV systems and Hybrid systems. Our web-based loggernet software allows data over long periods to be downloaded for research purposes.
Design & Development Workshop
Without a doubt, hand tools enable us to be more efficient and productive.
The Design & Development department specializes in conceptual design and development of renewable energy products and services. The main aim is to provide assistance is in product design, prototype development, testing, verification and manufacture.
Measurement and Verification Laboratory
Measurement &Verification is an objective process for quantifying energy savings achieved through the implementation of Energy Efficiency Measures (EEMs). The process involves measuring and verifying pre – and post-implementation energy use, and adjusting for any salient changes in conditions. This will verify that the intended changes to a specific facility was made, and that those changes have the potential to perform as intended and save energy. This will include the measure and documentation of the actual effects of a project (i.e., energy and demand savings) and determine whether it met the required estimates.
A certified M&V plan provides you with valuable benefits including:
- Quantified energy savings of energy efficiency measures;
- Feedback on implemented energy efficiency measures (EEMs);
- Validation of past projects;
- Transparency and credible reports on efficiency investments; and
- Adaptability – M&V allows you to easily adjust to changing facility operating conditions in order to set proper budgets and account for budget variances.
Our Energy Technology Station is at an advanced stage for SANAS accreditation.