- Spring Graduation Ceremonies 2022
- SRC Online Elections 2022
- Academic Calendar 2023
- Autumn Graduation Ceremonies
- Virtual Autmn Graduation 2022
- Court Order 29 Mar 2022
- Court Interdict application 28 Mar 2022
- Court Order 17 Feb 2022
- Issued Court Interdict 16 Feb 2022
- Orientation 2022
- SRC Online Elections 2021
- Amended Academic Calendar 2022
- How do I apply?
- Closing Dates for 2022 programmes
- Application and Registration Information 2022
- Study Opportunities 2023
- Career Leaflets
- Online Acceptance For First Time Prospective Students
- House Committee Elections
- Court Order – Forums Threat
- Late Enquiries for a Programme Form
- Why Choose DUT
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- NSFAS New Students
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- DUTCONNECT Magazine
- Lecture Timetables
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
Our Facebook Page
DUT~ has approximately 33 000 students, the Durban University of Technology (DUT) is the first choice for higher education in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). It is located in the beautiful cities of Durban and Pietermaritzburg (PMB). As a University of Technology, it prioritises the quality of teaching and learning by ensuring its academic staff possess the highest possible qualification that they can get.
The Durban University of Technology is a result of the merger in April 2002 of two prestigious technikons, ML Sultan and Technikon Natal. It was named the Durban Institute of Technology and later became the Durban University of Technology in line with the rest of the universities of technology.
DUT, a member of the International Association of Universities, is a multi-campus university of technology at the forefront of higher education, technological training, research, and innovation. In alignment with DUT’s strategy ENVISION 2030, the University would like to see its people (staff, students etc) become entrepreneurial and innovative.
In 2020, DUT was ranked amongst the Top 500 Universities globally, and 10th for citations globally and 5th Nationally.
DUT has six Faculties, Accounting and Informatics, Applied Sciences, Management Sciences, Engineering and the Built Environment, Health Sciences and Arts& Design.
More information can be found on our website.