- Application and Registration Information 2021
- Closing Dates for 2021 programmes
- Career Leaflets
- Online Acceptance For First Time Prospective Students
- Study Opportunities 2021
- House Committee Elections
- Virtual Spring Graduation 2020
- SRC Online Elections 2020
- Court Order – Forums Threat
- Academic Calendar 2021
- ENVISION 2030
- Amended University Calendar 2020
- Late Enquiries for a Programme Form
- Why Choose DUT
- How do I apply?
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- NSFAS New Students
- Virtual Autumn Graduation 2020
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- DUTCONNECT Magazine
- Lecture Timetables
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
Our Facebook Page
DUT~ has approximately 33 000 students, the Durban University of Technology (DUT) is the first choice for higher education in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). It is located in the beautiful cities of Durban and Pietermaritzburg (PMB). As a University of Technology, it prioritises the quality of teaching and learning by ensuring its academic staff possess the highest possible qualification that they can get.
The Durban University of Technology is a result of the merger in April 2002 of two prestigious technikons, ML Sultan and Technikon Natal. It was named the Durban Institute of Technology and later became the Durban University of Technology in line with the rest of the universities of technology.
DUT, a member of the International Association of Universities, is a multi-campus university of technology at the forefront of higher education, technological training, research, and innovation. In alignment with DUT’s strategy ENVISION 2030, the University would like to see its people (staff, students etc) become entrepreneurial and innovative.
In 2020, DUT was ranked amongst the Top 500 Universities globally, and 10th for citations globally and 5th Nationally.
DUT has six Faculties, Accounting and Informatics, Applied Sciences, Management Sciences, Engineering and the Built Environment, Health Sciences and Arts& Design.
More information can be found on our website.