- Late Enquiries for a Programme Form
- Study Opportunities 2020
- Skeletal Academic Calendar 2020
- Career Leaflets
- University Calendar
- SRC Elections 2019
- Spring Graduation 2019
- Why Choose DUT
- How do I apply?
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- Entry Requirements & Career Options
- NSFAS New Students
- DUT Strategic Plan
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- DUTCONNECT Magazine
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
Our Facebook Page
To provide a dynamic and innovative technological solution to the DUT Community
Mission of ITSS
- To utilize innovative technology to achieve continuous improvement in ITSS for the benefit of our customers
- Provide an integrated information system that supports the DUT core business
- Provide optimal services and support to our customers. These include desktop, email, internet, e-learning, ERP systems on an integrated network
- Develop the competency level of ITSS staff to provide effective and efficient support to our customers
Client Services provides technical support for hardware, software, network and installations, and is the first and central point of contact between DUT Community and the ITSS Department.
The objective of Client Services is to provide efficient, effective and high-quality information technology support, ensuring our users receive information of developments within the Information Technology world and within the DUT Community.
- Service Desk Support
- PC/Printer Repairs and Upgrades
- Desktop support – software installation, virus protection, printer setup
- MS Server Setup
- Campus Licensed software (Microsoft, Corel, Antivirus)
The Information System Services is responsible for the information technology aspects of the Institution’s ERP and Academic information systems which includes system administration, operations, data base administration, systems development, business analysis, project management, ITS user support and training of ITS users. Also responsible for server management, backups, access control, security and DRP for all the IS servers.
The IS section provides the Institution with ERP and academic applications that support the Institutions research, teaching, and community service activities. We strive to provide the Institution with high quality, accessible, and reliable service.
Applications are deployed on the Unix /Oracle computing platforms. Core ERP and academic applications provided to the Institution include: Finance Systems, HR System, Payroll System, Academic Student System and Space Inventory.
- ITS (including Card 5, Alchemy, University Office, Abacus)
- ITS Training
- Information Kiosks for Students
- Database and AIX operating systems
The networking department is responsible for the campus wide computer network infrastructure. The campus wide network consists of network cabling, Cisco switches cache engines & routers, servers- Microsoft, Unix & Netware, firewalls, DNS/DHCP, hosting of web servers & the email systems.
With this comes the responsibility of protecting the network from malicious attack, monitoring network performance, and planning for adequate network capacity.
- Student and Staff Email and Portal Services
- Internet Access
- Wireless HOT SPOTS (Libraries and Conference Rooms)
- Server Support
- IP Telephony
eduroam Wireless Service
eduroam (education roaming) is a wireless service that enables other universities to use the wireless network at DUT and provided that the university is registered on the eduroam roaming service.
Conditions of use:
Making use of eduroam will compel you to adhere to DUT’s policies such as the Acceptable use of Electronic Resources–Employees, Acceptable use of Electronic Resources–Students the eduroam Acceptable Use Policy.
DUT reserves the right to monitor usage of the eduroam services.
Visitors can connect to the eduroam SSID using your institution’s domain and username eg. JoeSoap@universityname.ac.za with its associated password.
Wi-Fi setting for eduroam SSID are:
|Operating System||Windows 7 and Above|
|Network Authentication Method||PEAP|