The International Education and Partnership’s (IEP) Directorate is responsible for the University’s overall international strategy which includes: creating linkages with universities and organizations, internationalisation of the curriculum, internationalisation at home initiatives, internationalisation of research and innovation, student and staff mobility programmes and international student recruitment. We are committed to building a global learning community in which diverse perspectives and intercultural awareness are valued and promoted.
The International Office is the first point of contact for all incoming international students and provides assistance and information to students with regard to visas, medical aid, on-campus services, and much more.
The services provided include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that international students are compliant with relevant legislation
- Organizing internationalisation at home activities, such as cultural diversity celebrations and activities
- Supporting the social integration of international students
- Institutional reporting on internationalisation and creating an institutional narrative of internationalisation
- Liaison with various external stakeholders i.e. government, embassies in South Africa and funding agencies