Division Of Corporate Affairs
Africa’s best branded university.
Division of Corporate Affairs:
- Is charged with protecting and promoting the reputation of the university externally and internally
- Is responsible for co-ordinating the implementation of a university-wide systematic, comprehensive, research driven system designed to locate, attract and retain the students the university serves
- Is responsible for enhancing internal and external communications
- Is responsible for seeking optimal exposure of the DUT brand, reinforcing its positioning in the HE market
- Corporate Affairs, as the custodian of the DUT brand, is in charge of the corporate identity
DoCA accomplishes this through the coordinated efforts of the following departments:
- Advertising, Corporate Branding and Marketing
- Design Studio
- Public Relations and Protocol
- Student Recruitment
These departments/units work in a holistic manner to provide a coherent, balanced service to the DUT Community and all external stakeholders.
General enquiries may be directed to the Secretary Bongiwe Chiliza:
Tel: 031 373 2106
Fax: 031 202 2475
|Senior Director: Mr Alan Khan
Tel: 031 373 2106
Fax: 031 373 2898
Location: Botanic Mansions, Ground Floor, Building A1, Room BA1003B
Campus: Steve Biko CampusBio: Alan Khan is the Senior Director of Corporate Affairs at the Durban University of Technology. He works with the Communications, Design Studio, Student Recruitment and Marketing, Public Relations and Events departments at the University. Alan is an Alumnus of DUT and he has served as the inaugural President of DUT’s Convocation. He is also a former Council member of the University. Before joining DUT in July 2011, Alan was CEO of Jacaranda FM and prior to that, he was the Deputy Managing Director of East Coast Radio. Alan was inducted into the South African Radio Hall of Fame in 2015 and in 2017, his talk show on Lotus FM at the SABC won “Best News & Actuality Talk Show” at the South African Radio Awards. He also serves as a Trustee of the Engineering Educational Trust.