Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
Every Candidate should have:
- Completed the requirements for the National Diploma: Engineering: Civil or the National Higher Diploma: Civil Engineering or have been granted conferment of status of one of these qualifications
- completed a minimum of one year of appropriate experience in the desired field of specialization (this may include experience gained whilst undertaking experiential learning) if a former student of the Durban University of Technology, and three years of appropriate post diploma experience in the desired field of specialization if from another institution.
Applicants in possession of the National Higher Diploma: Civil Engineering will be required to have passed the subjects as listed below according to the selected specialist field:
- Construction Management: Theory of Management IV or equivalent.
- Geotechnical: Soil Mechanics T4; Engineering Geology T2.
- Structural: Theory of Structures T4; Structural Design T4.
- Transportation/Urban: Road & Rail Const. & Design T4; Civil Eng. Documentation T4.
- Water: Water & Waste Water Eng. T4.
Applications to this programme must be made through the Department
Tel: 031 373 2224