Doctor of Engineering (DEng) in Mechanical Engineering
Students who have successfully completed the D Tech: Engineering: Mechanical degree should:
- Be capable of assimilating and evaluating appropriate literature and resources to the field of study;
- Be capable of determining and stating the objectives of a specific research topic and planning an appropriate strategy to reach the objectives;
- Efficiently expedite the research strategy in order to generate an effective solution;
- Be capable of evaluating the quality of the solution in terms of the stated objectives;
- Be capable of guiding inexperienced researchers with research projects;
- Be capable of synthesising unique solutions to research problems.
Master of Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.