Master of Health Sciences in Emergency Medical Care
The minimum admission requirements to register for the Master of Health Sciences in Emergency Medical Care degree are:
- In addition to the General Handbook for Students Rule G24 (1), candidates must be in possession of a Bachelor of Technology in Emergency Medical Care degree, or they must have been granted conferment of status according to Rule G10A.
- Candidates may also apply for admittance via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in accordance with Rule G7 (8) and / or G10B.
- Candidates are encouraged to refer to the General Student Handbook and the Postgraduate Student Handbook for further details.
Please note that in accordance with Rule G5, acceptance into the Master of Health Sciences in Emergency Medical Care degree is limited and entry is therefore not guaranteed. In the event of there being more applicants than the enrolment plan allows, the following criteria will be applied for selection:
- Students must have completed their Bachelor’s degree within the prescribed time frame as stated by the Durban University of Technology.
- An abstract of the proposed research topic must be submitted to the Departmental Research Committee for approval prior to registration.