A call is being made to the Durban University of Technology (DUT) applicants to send their submissions of creative research outputs and innovations for 2022 for the purposes of DHET SUBSIDY, in accordance with the Policy on the Evaluation of Creative Outputs and Innovations Produced by South African Public Higher Education Institutions, 2017.
DUT’s Directorate: Technology, Transfer and Innovation office under the DVC:Research Innovation and Engagement, gave more insight into the Creative Outputs submissions checklists for submissions.
“The checklists indicate the supporting documentation and information required by DUT Research and Postgraduate Office for the Creative Outputs submissions, in accordance with section 3.2 of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET)’s Implementation Guidelines 2019. This includes the output title, output category and the sub-field category,” said Dr Julia Matetoa-Mohapi, (Coordinator- Creative Outputs- TTI office).
Dr Matetoa-Mohapi had indicated that in order to meet the DHET’s submission requirements, all applicants need to check that they have submitted the following:
- The annotation from the applicant briefly contextualising the creative output (500 –700 words).
- Details of the five peer reviewers, who are experts in the field.
- Submitted proof of any awards received.
- Submitted a declaration of originality.
- Submitted a declaration of authorship/ co-authorship and disclosure of other active participants in the production of the work.
- Submitted proof of DUT’s contributor’s affiliation, by means of a letter from Human Resources Department, if the output does not indicate DUT affiliation.
- Submitted evidence of the creative output.
The internal closing date for submission of outputs to the institutional CRO (Creative Research Output) repository is 30 May 2022.
“We urge applicants to note that Creative Research Outputs/Innovations produced in 2019, 2020 and 2021 are eligible for submissions. Applicants will upload their final submission directly onto the internal CRO repository. Applicants should be aware of and attend the relevant workshops planned to support and guide them through the process. The first workshop is scheduled for 31 March 2022,” according to the DUT call made online for submissions of creative research outputs and innovations for 2022.
For inquiries or further information on the creative research outputs/innovations, please contact: Dr Julia Mathuetsi Matetoa-Mohapi- juliaM@dut.ac.za
Pictured: Dr Julia Mathuetsi Matetoa-Mohapi