Thousands of students will be reporting for registrations at the Durban University of Technology this January; some joining the DUT community for the first time in 2017, while others will be returning.
While the University received 84,855 applications for its 2017 first-year intake, it has approximately 7000 spaces in this regard. Registrations at the University started this morning (Monday, 16 January 2017) and will end on Saturday, 4 February 2017.
Dr Thiru Pillay, DUT Deputy Registrar, urged students who received notification of registration to adhere to the registration dates. “Non compliance can result in students losing their spaces in programmes”, he warned.
Snethemba Zungu, who was registering for her first-year in Child and Youth Development Care, was ecstatic about not only finally joining DUT, but the efficiency at the registration venue. Zungu was one of the many students who were registering for their courses via the online registration method at University’s DUT’s Fred Crookes Sport Centre on the Steve Biko Campus. “The registration process is fair. The queues are moving very fast and there are people ready to assist us so all is good,” she said.
DUT’s registration details and timetables can be found on the DUT website at http://ddt72ar9zv4px.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/REG-TIMETABLE-2017.pdf. In order to register online or manually, first time entering students will need to have:
- Paid the minimum tuition fee instalment (R3420 for annual students and R2100 for semester students);
- Submitted the required documentation to Student Admissions;
- Received notification of a firm offer from Student Admissions based on their final matric results.
Returning students can only register once they have:
- Settled any arrears on their fees;
- Paid the minimum fee instalment due at registration;
- Fulfilled the requirements for promotion to the next level of study in the relevant programme;
- Submitted all outstanding documentation.
The following first instalment is compulsory on the day of registration:
- Annual students: tuition only- R3420
- Annual students: tuition plus residence- R6840
- Semester students: tuition only- R2100
- Semester students: tuition plus residence- R4200
These can be paid directly into the DUT bank account using your student number as the reference. Alternatively, these can be paid at the cashiers at DUT using your student number as a reference.
– Noxolo Memela, Siphephelo Sibiya and Phumeza Msongelwa
Pictured: DUT staff and students during registrations this morning (Monday, 16 January 2017).