- 2024 Programmes Open for Applications
- Academic Calendar 2024
- Study Opportunities 2024
- House Committee Elections 2024
- Spring Graduation Ceremonies 2023
- SRC Online Elections 2023
- ENVISION2030 Institutional Awards
- Autumn Graduation Ceremonies 2023
- Amended Academic Calendar 2023
- Court Order 29 Mar 2022
- Court Interdict application 28 Mar 2022
- Career Leaflets
- Court Order – Forums Threat
- Why Choose DUT
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- NSFAS New Students
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- Lecture Timetable
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
Our Facebook Page
The primary purpose of the Doctoral Degree is to develop an individual, in a chosen Built Environment field, to be able to contribute independently to the development of significant and original knowledge at an advanced level.
The research problem, its justification, process and outcome are reported in a thesis, which complies with the generally accepted norms for research at this level.
The qualification is intended for persons who will make a contribution, through research, to understanding the application and evaluation of existing knowledge in a specialised area of construction management and quantity surveying.
- A Master of the Built Environment or equivalent
The Doctoral Degree can only be undertaken as a full research option.