- Late Enquiries for a Programme Form
- Study Opportunities 2020
- Skeletal Academic Calendar 2020
- Career Leaflets
- University Calendar
- SRC Elections 2019
- Spring Graduation 2019
- Why Choose DUT
- How do I apply?
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- Entry Requirements & Career Options
- NSFAS New Students
- DUT Strategic Plan
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- DUTCONNECT Magazine
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
Our Facebook Page
The 16th Annual Global Communication Association Conference
CALL FOR PAPERS
Perspectives on Africa Media and Communication
Durban, South Africa
June 10-12, 2020
Call for papers
Hosted by the Durban University of Technology, the Global Communication Association, ukzn, mut and unizulu have collaborated to host the international conference for the 16th annual convention to be held in Durban, South Africa.
Date: 10-12 June 2020
Venue: Ritson Exam Hall, DUT, Durban, South Africa
Conference theme: Perspective on Africa Media
Abstracts for paper presentations and posters are invited.
Guidelines for submission of Abstracts:
All abstracts will be reviewed and authors will be informed of the outcome.
Abstract Submission: (All submissions should include two separate attachments in Word format)
- A 400-word abstract of the paper or panel proposal should be submitted electronically to S.E Usadolo and Mr Thabani Khumalo via the following email: email@example.com
- All abstract submissions must be received by February 29, 2020, for review and consideration. Acceptance of a paper or panel proposal obligates authors to attend the conference and present the paper. The abstract should include research objectives, methodology and significance followed by keywords.
- Poster presentations on topics related to the conference theme are also encouraged. Complete panel proposals maybe submitted to Dr. Yahya R. Kamalipour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by at least two scholars. Authors of the abstracts will be notified of acceptance by March 31, 2020.
- A separate document including the name, academic institution, mailing address, phone number, email address, and brief author’s profile must be submitted for each author.
- If accepted, the full-length paper (not to exceed 25-pages excluding references and tables) must be submitted by May 1, 2020. All papers should adhere to The American Psychological Association (APA) style manual. For details, visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/05.
- Where appropriate, put “STUDENT” in the upper right-hand corner of the title page; indicate whether the paper comes from a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral student.
CONFERENCE LOCATION (HOTEL AND FACILITIES)
The conference will take place on the campus of the Durban University of Technology (DUT).
Special Conference rates will be apply at several hotels in Durban, within a 5km radius of the conference venue.
Details of these rates and the hotel links will be provided shortly. Delegates are requested to register as early as possible, as Durban is a popular tourist destination during this time.
THEME OF THE CONFERENCE
Perspectives on Africa Media and Communication
The GCA invites research papers exploring any aspect of issues related to the theme of the conference, including the following broad topics:
- African media and communication methodologies, theories, and perspectives
- Media and their impact on public opinion
- The evolving modes of teaching and learning
- New communication technologies, the Internet, and social media
- Intercultural communication
- News and information flow
Conference Registration Fees
An attractive and favorable package will be offered to all participants. Graduate students presenting papers will be given a 50% registration discount. A registration link and details of fees and payment procedures will be provided shortly.
Standard registrations – early bird:
- R2500.00 – Register before 20 February 2020 -Provide proof of payment before 21 February 2020.
- Standard registrations- normal: R3500.00- Register before 01 May 2020.
- Post graduate students- early bird: R1500.00 – Register before 20 February 2020 – Provide proof of payment before 21February 2020.
- Post graduate students- normal: R2500.00- Register before 01 May 2020.
No refunds, substitutes are welcome at no extra costs.
The registration fee is inclusive of teas and lunch on both days as well as a conference pack.
There are daily flights from major cities around the world to South Africa. Some international airlines fly directly to Durban, while others fly to Cape Town or Johannesburg, domestic airlines can be used to fly to Durban. Emirates and British Airways, Qatar Turkish Airlines fly directly to Durban. For details visit https://kingshakainternational.co.za/airport/durban-airport/
Delegates will be met on arrival at King Shaka International Airport in Durban and transported to their hotels or to the conference venue, depending on date of arrival. Shuttles will be provided from the hotels to the conference and event venues.
After the conference, shuttles will be provided from the hotels to the airport. Links to approved tour agents will be provided if delegates wish to tour after or before the conference. Meter taxis and Uber are also available and distance from King Shaka Interrnational Airport to Durban City is 30 km.
Please direct any questions to Dr. Yahya R. Kamalipour at email@example.com.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||February 29, 2020|
|Acceptance Notification||March 15, 2020|
|Full Length Paper Submission||May 30, 2020|
|Last Date for Early Bird Registration||April 15, 2020|
|Last Date for Registration||May 15, 2020|
|Conference Dates||June 10-12, 2020|
|Optional Tours||June 13, 2020|
For future updates and further details, visit:
Legal Entity Name: The Durban University of Technology
Name of Account Holder: Durban University of Technology
Account No: 050007068
Account Type: Business Current Account
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Kings mead Branch
Branch Code: 040026
Branch Code (electronic payments): 051001
Swift Address: SBZA ZA JJ
Date Account Opened: 11 April 2002