- SRC Online Elections 2021
- Amended Academic Calendar 2021
- How do I apply?
- Closing Dates for 2022 programmes
- Application and Registration Information 2021
- Study Opportunities 2022
- Career Leaflets
- Online Acceptance For First Time Prospective Students
- Virtual Autumn Graduation 2021
- House Committee Elections
- Court Order – Forums Threat
- ENVISION 2030
- Late Enquiries for a Programme Form
- Why Choose DUT
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- NSFAS New Students
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- DUTCONNECT Magazine
- Lecture Timetables
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
Our Facebook Page
DR CELANI JOHN NYIDE
Name: Dr Celani John Nyide
- Doctor of Business Administration specialising in Environmental Management Accounting
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Technology degree in Cost and Management Accounting
- National Diploma in Cost and Management Accounting (cum laude)
Position: Senior Lecturer and Research Coordinator
- Over 15 years
- Financial Management/Management Accounting/Public Sector Finance
- Managerial accounting and finance, administration and information management.
- Vilakazi, S.P., Stainbank, L.J. and Nyide, C.J. The adoption of management accounting practices by small and medium clothing and textile entities in an emerging market. Journal of Management Information and Decision Sciences, 23(S1): 226 – 236.
- Nyide, C.J. Effective leadership styles for cooperative banks in an emerging economy. Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues, 23(3): 1 – 14.
- Msomi, M.P., Ngibe, M. and Nyide, C.J. Factors influencing the adoption of Management Accounting Practices (MAPs) by manufacturing Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. International Journal of Entrepreneurship, 23 (4): 1 – 18.
- Nyide, C.J. Better resource management: A qualitative investigation of Environmental Management Accounting practices used by the South African hotel sector. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 8(4): 1 – 10.
- Mbele, K.G. and Nyide, C.J. Constraints of young prospective tourism entrepreneurs in the semi-rural areas in KwaZulu-Natal. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 8(5): 1 – 12.
- Nyide, C.J. and Zunckel, S. 2019. Interplay between capital structure choice and survival and growth of Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises: A South African context. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 17 (4): 121 – 130.
- Zunckel, S. and Nyide, C.J. Factors affecting the capital structure of small, medium, and micro entreprises in a developing economy. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 17 (2): 124 – 133.
- C.J. 2018. The role of Financial Management Information in strategic decision-making in Municipalities: Evidence from KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 16 (3). ISSN: 0972-7302
- Nyide, C.J. A critical evaluation of continuous monitoring of Critical Financial Reporting Controls: A case of a National Port Authority in an emerging economy. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 16 (3).
- Zwane, B.K. and Nyide, C.J. SMME attitudes towards financial bootstrapping: A perspective from a developing economy. Business and Economic Horizons, 13 (3): 347 – 356.
- Nyide, C.J. The role of environmental management accounting and voluntary self-regulatory initiatives in improving resource efficiency in South African hotels. Business and Economic Horizons, 13 (1): 30 – 41.
- Maphisa, S.B. Zwane, B.K. and Nyide, C.J. Succession planning and staff retention challenges: An industrial outlook and major risks. Risk Governance and Control Journal, 7 (3): 6 – 15.
- Nyide, C.J. and Lekhanya, L.M. 2016. Environmental Management Accounting Practices: Major Control Issues. Corporate Ownership and Control, 13 (3): 476 – 483.
- Nyide, C.J. and Lekhanya, L.M. 2016. Environmental Management Accounting (EMA) in the developing economy: a case of the hotel sector. Corporate Ownership and Control, 13 (4): 575 – 582.
- Nyide, C.J. Environmental Management Accounting: A conceptual model for the reporting of environmental costs. Corporate Ownership and Control, 14 (1): 195 – 202.
- Zwane, B.K. and Nyide, C.J. 2016. Financial bootstrapping and the small business sector in a developing economy. Corporate Ownership and Control, 14 (1): 433 – 442.
- Nyide, C.J. Material Flow Cost Accounting as a tool for improved resource efficiency in the hotel sector: a case of emerging market. Risk Governance and Control Journal, 6(4): 428 – 435.
- Nyide, C.J. A qualitative investigation of Environmental Management Accounting practices used for optimisation of environmental costs: perspectives from South African hotel sector. 10th Business & Management Conference, Paris, France, 10th – 13th September 2019.
- Zwane, B.K. and Nyide, C.J. SMME attitudes towards financial bootstrapping: A perspective from a developing economy. 6th Business & Management Conference, Geneva, Switzerland, 27th – 30th June 2017.
- Nyide, C.J. Material Flow Cost Accounting as a tool for improved resource efficiency in the hotel sector: A South African context. 4th International Conference on Sustainable Development, Rome, Italy, 16th – 17th September 2016.
- Nyide, C.J. and Lekhanya, L.M. 2015. A critical evaluation of EMA tools used by 3-5 star hotels in KwaZulu-Natal. 7th International Conference on Business and Finance, Cape Town, South Africa, 09 – 10th September 2015.
Successful supervision (Masters)
- Vilakazi Sanele Phumlani (21103531). 2020. A critical assessment of Management Accounting Practices used by Small, Medium-sized Clothing Enterprises in Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal. (Co-Supervision).
- Msomi Mbali Portia (20703911). 2020. Factors affecting the adoption of Management Accounting Practices by small and medium enterprises in the manufacturing sector in Durban. (Pass with Distinction and received the Dean’s Merit Award).
- Zunckel Sharon (20517924). An analysis of factors influencing the capital structure of SMMEs in Durban CBD: Growth and Survival Perspective.
- Mchunu Nelisiwe (21031956). 2019. The influence of leadership styles on the survival of SMEs.
- Cele Sicelo (21556791). The role of Management Accounting Practices in the Success of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Durban.
- Khukhu Nosisa (127320). 2017. A critical evaluation of financial management practices used by UMkhanyakude Municipalities and their impact on service delivery.
- Kweyama Thenjiwe (127663). 2017. Examining municipal financial management challenges and how they affect service delivery: Case Study of UMkhanyakude Disctrict Municipality.
- Ndlovu Sindisiwe (109636). 2017. An analysis of the role of financial management in strategic decision-making: A case study of eThekwini Municipality. MANCOSA
- Sithole Phumlani (125495). 2017. Exploring Management Perceptions of the continuous monitoring of Critical Financial Reporting Controls: A case study of Transnet Port Terminals in Durban.
- Top Faculty Researcher Award (2017).
- Top Faculty Researcher Award (2020)
- Junior Researcher Award (Institutionally) (2020)
- Member of the NRF Masters and Doctoral Institutional Review Committee
- Member of the International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences