Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Oludayo Olugbara
Department of Information Technology
Cell: +27 78 042 8567
Tel: +27 31 373 5597
Fax: +27 86 674 1023
Oludayo, O. Olugbara received B.Sc (Hons) in Mathematics with Cum laude, M.Sc in Mathematics with specialization in Computer Science and PhD in Computer Science. He joined the Department of Information Technology, Durban University of Technology (DUT), South Africa, where he is currently a Professor of Computer Science and Information Technology. He is also a Visiting Professor in the Department of Cyber Security Science, School of Information and Communication Technology, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria. He is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), New Zealand and Computer Society of South Africa (CSSA). He is a University Scholar and a holder of several academic awards and scholarships, including the International Federation of Information Processing (IFIB) TC2 sponsored by Microsoft Research Cambridge. He is a member of Marquis Who’s Who in the World, USA. He was awarded honourary referee of Maejo International Journal of Science and Technology, Thailand in 2007-2010 and 2011.
His research inclinations include Data Mining, Machine Learning, Computer Games, Image Processing, Health Informatics and Mobile Grid Computing. His work spans a wide spectrum of research topics in Computer Science and Information Technology. He has authored or coauthored more than Seventy academic publications in Computer Science and Information Technology. His research publications have appeared in high impact publication outlets like World Scientific, ACM/IFIP, IEEE, Springer, Taylor & Francis, InTech and IGI Global. Due to visibility, relevance, quality and impact of his past publications, he was recently invited by InTech Open Access Publisher based in Croatia and Austria to contribute to a book project titled Advances in Grid Computing. He has served as session chairs at IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems (ICICIS 2011), Guangzhou, China. He was recently invited to serve as a reviewer for the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM 2012), Istanbul, Turkey.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
- Mphahlele, M.I. (2012). Interactive Scenario Analysis Technique for Forecasting E-Skills Development. DTech Thesis. Department of Information Technology, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria. 2009-2012.
- Kalema, B.M. (2012). Critical Factors Influencing the Use of Integrated Tertiary Software. DTech Thesis. Department of Informatics, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria. 2010-2012.
- Oberholzer, H.J.G. (2012). A Hippocratic Privacy Protection Framework for Relational Databases. DTech Thesis. Department of Computer Science, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria. 2010-2012.
- Zuva, T. (2012). Image Content in Shopping Recommender Systems for Mobile Users. DTech Thesis. Department of Computer Engineering, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria. 2009-2012.
- Maswikaneng, P.S. (2011). An Investigation into Process Improvement Methodologies Practiced By South African Software Development Industry. MTech Thesis. Department of Informatics, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria.
- Modupe, A. (2011). Intelligent Identification of Advanced Fee Fraud Activities on the Internet. MTech Thesis. Department of Information Technology, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria.
- Modupe, A., Olugbara, O.O & Ojo, S.O. (2012). Comparing Supervised Learning Classifiers to Detect Advanced Fee Fraud Activities on Internet. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (CCSIT-2012), Springer Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering (LNICST), January 2-4, Bangalore, India, 87-100.
- Shongwe, N.S.M. & Olugbara, O.O. (2012). Exploring Consumer Core Theory to Predict Youth Adoption of Technology Based HIV/AIDS Preventive Actions. International Association for Development of the Information Society (IADIS) International Conference of e-Society, Berlin, Germany, 10-13 March, 115-125.
- Olugbara, O.O. Ojo, S.O. & Adigun, M.O. (2011). A Grid Enabled Framework for Ubiquitous Healthcare Service Provisioning, Advances in Grid Computing. Zoran Constantinescu (Ed.), InTech, Croatia, ISBN: 978-953-307-301-9, 229-252.
- Modupe, A., Olugbara, O.O & Ojo, S.O. (2011). Exploring Support Vector Machines and Random Forests to Detect Advanced Fee Fraud Activities on Internet. Proceedings of IEEE 11th International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM, 2011), December 11-14, Vancouver, Canada.
- Modupe, I.A. Olugbara, O.O & Ojo, S.O (2011). Experimental Comparison of Genetic Algorithm and Simulated Annealing to Minimize Energy in Ad-hoc Wireless Networks. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems (ICIS 2011) November 18-20, Guangzhou, China.
- Tranos Zuva, Oludayo O. Olugbara, Sunday O. Ojo and Seleman M. Ngwira (2012) Kernel Density Feature Points Estimator for Content-Based Image Retrieval. The International Journal of Multimedia & Its Applications. (IJMA) 4(1), 103-111.
- Tranos Zuva, Oludayo O. Olugbara, Sunday O. Ojo & Seleman M. Ngwira (2011), A Review of Image Segmentation Techniques, Challenges and Future Directions, International Conference on Materials Science and Computing Science (MSCS 2011) August 13-14, Wuhan, China, ISSN: 1022-6680.
- Kalema, B. M, Olugbara, O.O & Kekwaletswe, R.M. (2011). The Application of Structural Equation Modeling Technique to Analyze Students Priorities in Using Course Management Systems. International Journal of Computing and ICT Research, 5, Special Issue, 34-44.
- Mphahlele, M.I., Olugbara, O.O., Ojo, S.O. & Kourie, D.G. (2011). Cross-impact Analysis Experimentation using Two Techniques to Revise Marginal Probabilities of Interdependent Events. ORiON: The Journal of ORSSA, 27(1), 1-15.
- Zuva, T., Olugbara, O.O., Ojo, S.O. & Ngwira, S.M. (2011). Image Segmentation, Available Technique, Developments and Open Issues. Canadian Journal of Image Processing and Computer Vision. A.M Publishers, Canada, 2(3), 20-29.
- Olugbara, O.O., Ojo, S.O. & Mphahlele, M.I. (2010). Exploiting Image Content in Location-Based Shopping Recommender Systems for Mobile Users. International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Company. 9(5), 759-778. (World Scientific), (SSCI ISI Impact Factor: 3.139).
- Daramola, O.J., Adigun, M.O., Ayo, C.K., & Olugbara, O.O. (2010). Improving the Dependability of Destination Recommendations using Information on Social Aspects. TOURISMOS: An International Multidisciplinary Journal of Tourism. 5(1), 13-34.