Every Candidate should have:
- Completed the requirements for the National Diploma: Engineering: Civil or the National Higher Diploma: Civil Engineering or have been granted conferment of status of one of these qualifications
- And completed a minimum of one year of appropriate experience in the desired field of specialization (this may include experience gained whilst undertaking experiential learning).
- Or students who do not have the required experience will be permitted to register immediately for the B.Tech provided they have obtained a 65% aggregate in the appropriate pre-requisite subjects for the chosen discipline;
- Construction Management: Management (Civil) I & II; Documentation III.
- Geotechnical: Construction Materials I; Geotechnical Engineering II & III.
- Structural: Reinforced Concrete & Masonry Design III;Structural Analysis II & III; Structural Steel & Timber Design III.
- Transport/Urban: Documentation III; Transportation Engineering II & III.
- Water: Water Engineering II & III.
Applicants in possession of the National Higher Diploma: Civil Engineering will be required to have passed the subjects as listed below according to the selected specialist field:
- Construction Management: Theory of Management IV or equivalent.
- Geotechnical: Soil Mechanics T4; Engineering Geology T2.
- Structural: Theory of Structures T4; Structural Design T4.
- Transportation/Urban: Road & Rail Const. & Design T4; Civil Eng. Documentation T4.
- Water: Water & Waste Water Eng. T4.
Applications to this programme must be made via the Central Applications Office (CAO)
Tel: 031 268 4444