Doctor of Engineering (DEng): Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
This doctoral level programme is intended for persons who will make a significant and original contribution to knowledge in a specialised area of technology. They will have a high level of overall knowledge in that specialised area ranging from fundamental concepts to advanced theoretical or applied knowledge. This qualification combines academic research and scholarship with engineering practice and application. The academic degree awarded, which is based on advanced study, research and thesis in engineering, is an equivalent NQF level 10 qualification as the PhD degree in engineering/applied sciences.
Minimum Admission Requirements:
- Master of Engineering (MEng) degree or an appropriate or related NQF Level 9 Engineering qualification.
Interested persons should contact the department research co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org together with the following documentation:
- Certified copy of ID document/card (or passport)
- Complete transcripts of your undergraduate and postgraduate qualification/s.
- Certified copy of your degree/s (or equivalent qualification/s)
- SAQA certification/s (if applicable)
- Copy of your Masters dissertation or equivalent in PDF format.
- A list of published journal/conference articles, if any.
- Mini proposal (1-2 pages) highlighting intended topic and research
Awarding of the Degree:
This degree is awarded to a person who has initiated and successfully executed research in the field of engineering. The research must be acknowledged as a significant contribution through the acceptance for publication in at least one article in a peer reviewed accredited (ISI/DHET approved) journal, and a thesis that is concurred in terms of its content and level by a panel of external examiners and the higher degrees committee of the university. This academic recognition sets a seal of approval on the quality of the work undertaken.