Master of Engineering (MEng): Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
This qualification is intended for persons who will contribute, through research, to understanding the application and evaluation of existing knowledge in a specialized area of technology. They will also demonstrate a high level of overall knowledge in that area, ranging from fundamental concepts to advanced theoretical or applied knowledge.
Minimum Admission Requirements:
- B-Tech (from an ECSA accredited South African UoT). Additional entrance requirements (pre-requisites) may apply.
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology Honours (BEngTechHons) degree or an appropriate or related NQF Level 8 Engineering qualification.
Interested persons should contact the department research co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org together with the following documentation:
- Certified copy of ID document/card (or passport)
- Complete transcripts of your undergraduate and/or postgraduate qualification/s. Only students with an average above 60% will be considered.
- Certified copy of your degree/s (or equivalent qualification/s)
- SAQA certification/s (if applicable)
- Copy of final year capstone project report in PDF format.
- Mini proposal (1-2 pages) highlighting intended topic and research
NB: Missing or incomplete application information will not be considered.
Awarding of the Degree:
This degree is awarded to a person who has executed and documented an engineering research project and communicated results by means of the acceptance for publication in at least one peer reviewed accredited (ISI/DHET approved) conference or journal, and a dissertation that is concurred in terms of its content and level by a panel of external examiners and the higher degrees committee of the university.