- 2024 Programmes Open for Applications
- Academic Calendar 2024
- Study Opportunities 2024
- House Committee Elections 2024
- Spring Graduation Ceremonies 2023
- SRC Online Elections 2023
- ENVISION2030 Institutional Awards
- Autumn Graduation Ceremonies 2023
- Amended Academic Calendar 2023
- Court Order 29 Mar 2022
- Court Interdict application 28 Mar 2022
- Career Leaflets
- Court Order – Forums Threat
- Why Choose DUT
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- NSFAS New Students
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- Lecture Timetable
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
Our Facebook Page
DUT SEMESTER STUDY ABROAD
BECOME AN ADAPTIVE GRADUATE THROUGH OUR INNOVATIVE, DISTINCTIVE AND CREATIVE EDUCATION ON OFFER
A semester abroad can change your life! Experience a semester in a country with unique cultures, travel and explore, make unforgettable memories, and meet some new life-ling friends.
<INSERT EXCHANGE STUDENT PHOTOS>
A Student exchange programs can change your life! As an exchange student you will be able to:
- Develop crucial intercultural skills for success in the global marketplace
- Experience a number of different excursions, including a visit a rural village
- Build lasting international friendships
- Learn about other cultures
- Improve your foreign language skills
- Become more independent and confident
- Contribute to international understanding and diplomacy
During your semester abroad at DUT, you will be registered as a full-time student and be able to take a wide range of semester modules from a number of our different faculties that count towards your degree at your home institution.
As a potential semester study abroad student, or study abroad coordinator, the following information is useful.
First Semester: February to May / June (Application Deadline: August of the previous year)
Second Semester: July to October / November (Application Deadline: March)
Semester Study Abroad Students can apply here
- <Insert Application form for the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment>
- <Insert Application form for Faculties of Management Sciences, Accounting and Informatics and Arts and Design>
Semester Study Abroad students can choose subjects from the courses offered below
- Courses Offered in the Faculty of Accounting and Informatics
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS (STUDY VISA AND MEDICAL AID)
As a semester study abroad student, you will be required to have study visa in order to register at DUT. Study visas must be applied for at the South African Consulate in your home country. The international Education and Partnerships Office will provide you with the letter of undertaking which is one of the requirements when applying for the visa. Applications must be submitted 6 to 8 weeks prior to your intended departure date to South Africa.
Please ensure that you have medical aid (insurance) form a South African medical aid provider, prior to your arrival. This is a legal requirement, in lined with the South African Medical Schemes Act and the regulatory requirements for a valid visa by the Department of Home Affairs. All International students are required to purchase South African medical aid membership prior to registration at a South African higher education institution. This does not include travel insurance. The medical aid must be paid upfront for the duration of your stay.
Two affordable medical cover products are recommended which provide minimum basic cover as prescribed in the Medical Schemes Act of South Africa (Act No. 131 of 1998). These are specifically suited to the needs of international students
|Momentum Health http://www.ingwehealth.co.za
|Compcare Wellness http://www.studentplan.co.za
Semester Study Abroad students have the option for housing at a number of accommodation spots in Durban. The following list of accommodation is not exhaustive but includes accommodation used by previous semester exchange students.
<INSERT list of accommodation>
Registration is processed online.
STEP ONE: INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE
The first step of the registration process is the submission of documents that are required by all international students. You will require a student number and pin code in order to proceed. Please contact your Faculty Office for assistance to obtain and student number if you do not have one.
The documents need to be uploaded on the I-Enabler system by clicking on the link: https://mercury.dut.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login?numtype=S
Then click on APPLICATIONS → CERTIFICATES SEEN → and upload the relevant documents.
Upload certified copies of the following documents as applicable:
- SV Visa / Permit / Declaration (Upload your study visa in this section)
- PP Passport (Upload your passport in this section)
- MF Medical Aid Certificate (Upload your medical aid certificate in this section)
If the uploaded documents are satisfactory you will be cleared you so that you can proceed with online registration.
STEP TWO: ONLINE REGISTRATION
Rules and Regulations