- Skeletal Academic Calendar 2019
- University Calendar
- Why Choose DUT
- How do I apply?
- Study Opportunities 2019
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- Entry Requirements & Career Options
- Career Leaflets
- NSFAS New Students
- DUT Strategic Plan
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- DUTCONNECT Magazine
Our Facebook Page
|Home||Mandarin Course||Functions||Alumni||Photo gallery|
CI collectively takes responsibility for the numerous Chinese Language Programs and Culture Projects that are planned and implemented from within the Confucius Institute, that include the following:
- Offering Mandarin and Chinese culture programs of all levels and varieties, to the DUT Community, Durban primary/high schools, Durban local community
- Holding Chinese Proficiency Tests
- Training local Mandarin teachers/educators
- Prompting academic exchanges and scientific research cooperation and collaboration between DUT and Chinese universities and research institutes
- Recommending and assisting CI learners to apply for scholarships
- Strengthening the links with local enterprises，especially with local Chinese enterprises, to explore potential cooperation models between universities and enterprises, to assist students to secure work related internships, skills training or job opportunities
- Facilitating other educational, cultural and academic exchanges between South Africa and China.
As a characteristic of the global Confucius Institutes, the DUT CI works as a bridge to promote cooperation between DUT and the Chinese Universities such as FAFU, Shanghai Maritime University, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology, to advance collaborations in the fields of Water Resources Management, Food Science and Engineering, Maritime Studies, Fashion and Design, Technical and Electrical Engineering, Horticulture, etc., and also in the fields of visiting and joint applications in various projects.
Moreover, the DUT CI has been dedicated to vocational and technical training, contributing to the economic development of local communities by exploiting the discipline advantages of DUT and FAFU. For example, DUT CI has been promoting the development of JUNCAO Technology in KwaZulu-Natal by organizing local students or graduates to receive JUNCAO Technology Training in China. According to local enterprises and society’s demand, DUT CI has also focused on specific skills and vocational training programs and recommended excellent students to work in local Chinese enterprises.
All these programs have greatly promoted Durban University of Technology and the DUT CI itself within and outside Durban, KwaZulu Natal and South Africa.
|Chinese Proficiency Test||The chinese language training courses
of KZN SAPS
|WoW career of exhibition|
|JUNCAO Technology Training Programme in FAFU||Chinese culture in Durban local community|