- Late Enquiries Form
- Why Choose DUT
- How do I apply?
- DUT Application Closing Dates
- Study Opportunities 2019
- Fees Booklet
- “Missing Middle” application form
- Entry Requirements & Career Options
- Career Leaflets
- NSFAS New Students
- DUT Strategic Plan
- Honorary Doctorates
- DUTLink Newsletter
- DUTCONNECT Magazine
Our Facebook Page
|Home||Mandarin Course||Functions||Alumni||Photo gallery|
China and Chinese Culture Course – Combines an introduction to elementary Chinese language with the opportunity for attendees to acquire a basic knowledge of China and Chinese Culture.
On completing this course, the attendee will acquire:
- A broad understanding of China and basic Mandarin.
- A general impression about China and Chinese people, Chinese Pinyin and Chinese characters.
- Essential knowledge of Chinese customs and culture.
- An insight into how to respond to situations in a culturally appropriate manner.
No prior knowledge of Chinese is required.
Basic Conversational Mandarin Course – Provides course attendees with the elementary knowledge of the Chinese language, Chinese characters and the ability to speak basic mandarin.
On completing this course, the course attendee will be able to:
- Understand the Chinese language within a specific framework.
- Speak basic Mandarin in simple dialogue by engaging in topic-related conversations.
- The course also provides an opportunity for the course attendees to begin developing language proficiency towards setting a Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK) and to pass the HSK (Level I)*
*The HSK is an international standardized exam that tests and rates Chinese language proficiency. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives. HSK consists of six levels, namely the HSK (level I), HSK (level II), HSK (level III), HSK (level IV), HSK (level V), and HSK (level VI).
No prior knowledge of Chinese language is required.
Other Courses offered by Confucius Institute at DUT:
Chinese Martial Arts
For more information, feel free to contact us by email or drop by Confucius Institute office.
|Mandarin Course at DUT||Mandarin Course at Crawford College||Mandarin Course at Northlands Primary School|