Department of Health Sciences
The Chiropractic Department is a dynamic Department within the Faculty of Health Sciences at the Durban University of Technology.The chiropractic practitioner is concerned with the treatment and prevention of neuro-musculo-skeletal disorders. The chiropractor diagnoses disorders, cares for the human frame in health and in disease, consulting with and referring to other health care providers.Therapy consists of manual treatments, nutritional advice, exercise programmes, stress management, electrotherapy, massage, acupuncture and traction. Post graduate programmes in the management of sports injuries and in disorders of the foot and ankle are available.
Global Leaders in Chiropractic Education and Scholarship.
“Developing Chiropractors for Holistic Neuro-Musculoskeletal Health Care”
- Evidence-based Teaching and Learning
- Innovative Research
- Responsive Engagement and Collaboration with Communities
Professionalism – To abide by professional and regulatory frameworks, ethics and good practices.
Integrity – To demonstrate qualities of good character and honesty.
Accountability – To be responsible and answerable for our choices, actions and behaviours.
Transformation – Being able to adapt to change in an evolving healthcare system.
Ubuntu – Respect, goodness and goodwill to all.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- MTech Chiropractic
The process of application for the Chiropractic Programme:
- All applicants need to apply to the Central Applications Office.
- All applications that fully meet the requirements of application submission, will be required to undergo an assessment as part of the selection procedure.
- All applicants that complete the required assessment will be required to attend an interview.
- From the interview pool of applicants, successful applicants will be informed of their selection for registration.
The requirements for application for the Chiropractic Programme:
Persons applying must be over 17 years of age, physically fit.