- RPS Home Elements System Scholarly Publishing Research and Innovation ReportsGrants ManagementGrants Management Bursaries and Scholarships DUT Equipment List Recommendation from Host for PDF/RA/RF: Contract Renewal Post-Doctoral Fellow Application Form Post-Doctoral Fellow Registration Form Post-Doctoral Fellow Progress Report Form Research Funding Rated Researchers Research Focus Areas Scholarships CommitteeResearch Capacity DevelopmentResearch Capacity Development Application for Gatekeeper Permission AJIMS DUT Research Focus Areas Conference Application Research and Innovation ConferencePostgraduate Research Resources Institutional Research Ethics Research Information ManagementResearch Outputs Policies Outputs Submission Criteria Research Tools Symplectic Elements Researcher Identifiers / ORCID Deadlines: Outputs Submissions IncentivesPolicies and GuidelinesPostgraduate Student Guide and FormsResearch and Innovation Newsletter Feedback Questionnaire
Revolutionizing Research and Innovation through Appreciation of Indigenous Knowledge
DATE AND PLACE:
15 – 17 September 2020
Online Virtual Space
It is with great pleasure that the Directorate for Research and Postgraduate Support announce the 5th Interdisciplinary Research and Innovation Conference 2020 hosted by the Durban University of Technology.
The conference invites national and international researchers, innovators, postgraduate students and academics to exchange ideas in the following disciplines: Accounting, Management Sciences, Humanities, Arts, Design, Sciences, Health Sciences, Engineering, and Information Technology.
The conference is open to postgraduate students, academics, independent researchers, as well as Policy makers in the Research and Innovation ambience. To submit your abstract, please follow the links below.
Professor Barbara Covarrubias Venegas
University of Valencia
Dr. William Mpofu
Centre for Diversity Studies
University of Witwatersrand
PUBLICATION OPPORTUNITY IN CONFERENCE ASSOCIATED JOURNALS
Papers submitted to the conference stand a chance of publication in any of the following indexed and DHET accredited journals. We will update the journals as we get more partners.
- Alternation: Interdisciplinary Journal for the Study of the Arts and Humanities in Southern Africa.
- Interdisciplinary Journal of Economics and Business Law.
- Pertanika Journal of Science and Technology.
- Pertanika Journal of Tropical Agricultural Science.
- Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities.
The papers will be reviewed jointly by the conference review panel and reviewers from the respective journals. The following are the conditions attached to the publication of the full papers:
- Publishing of full papers is optional.
- The publication process may be between 9-12 months depending on the queue on the side of the publisher.
- Full papers will only be considered for review after conference registration fee has been paid.
- The decision to accept or reject full papers is at the discretion of the journal.
- Email full paper to: email@example.com on or by the 31st of October 2020.
Conference Registration Fee
***Conference grant available for DUT delegates. Please apply directly via the Directorate of Research and Postgraduate Support.
Registration/Abstract Submission For Presenters
REGISTRATION FOR LISTENERS
|Abstract submission opens||01 December 2019|
|Abstract submission deadline||31 July 2020|
|Notification of acceptance/rejection||10 August 2020|
|Deadline for listeners||31 August 2020|
|Submission of Full papers||31 October 2020|
15 September : Pre-conference workshop
16 September : Keynote and breakaway sessions
17 September : Keynote and breakaway sessions