Departments Management Sciences
- Applied Law
- DUT Business School
- Entrepreneurial Studies and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing and Retail
- Operations and Quality Management
- Public Management and Economics
- Public Relations Management
- Short Courses
- Wholesale & Retail Leadership Chair
- FMS Postgraduate Studies
The DUT WRLC will enhance applied research by:
- Conducting industry relevant research on topics according to the research needs of the Wholesale and Retail sector in South Africa.
- Supporting Master’s and Doctoral graduates at all universities in South Africa with research topics relevant and usable to all disciplines of the Wholesale and Retail sector in South Africa.
- Developing the research capacity and motivation of under graduates to undertake post graduate studies and be successful in their M and D studies.
- Developing supervision, moderation and examination capacity of university staff and industry specialists involved in Master’s and Doctoral research.
- Initiating and manage project research
- Facilitating the publication of all relevant research.
- Organising national and international research conferences.
- Encouraging presentations at conferences.
Serve the Retail Community by:
- Supporting all stakeholders to develop career paths and to make Wholesale and Retail a career of choice.
- Supporting and promote the allocation of bursaries for studies in scarce skills training on NQF levels 5 to 10.
- Encouraging national and international collaboration between all relevant training providers on NQF levels 5 to 10.
- Encouraging work readiness of learners through support to workplace integrated learning.
- Developing an alumni tracking system of all learners who completed retail training by universities and the WRSETA.
- Developing a databank and network between all universities internationally that offers retail programmes.
- Networking all institutions that provide specialised services to the retail sector
- Enhancing WIL programmes
- Communicating achievements through publicity channels